The Aryna Sabalenka vs Belinda Bencic fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Monday, January 23, 2023, starting at 12:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Aryna Sabalenka is priced with the odds of 1.67 (-150 American; 2/3 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 60%. Belinda Bencic has an odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 40%.
The latest odds for Aryna Sabalenka vs Belinda Bencic (January 23, 2023):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Sabalenka — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Bencic — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Sabalenka — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Bencic — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Aryna Sabalenka has won the last seven matches to nil. She has not met any strong enemies in these matches. There were not any rivals from the top 30 WTA.
The first two rounds were incredibly easy. They won only nine games in these four sets against Sabalenka and together received only nine break point opportunities, but Sabalenka saved eight of them to stop her rivals in these games. She did not lose more than four games per set in these two matches.
In Round 3, she destroyed Elise Mertens (6-2, 6-3) the same way as her opponents in the first two rounds. In the first set, she reached a 4-1 score and did not give Mertens a chance to come back. In the second set, the Belgium tennis play received three break point opportunities, but Sabalenka stopped her rival and finished the set with a 6-3 score.
We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in five out of six sets with Aryna Sabalenka participating. The exact total in the first set comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.
Belinda Bencic has won 13 of the last 14 matches with 12 to nil. The current Olympic champion showed an incredible performance at the end of the 2022 season and started the 2023 season perfectly too.
The Swiss tennis player beat Claire Liu (7-6, 6-3) in Round 2 of the tournament. In the first set, the American tennis player reached a 5-2 score, but then Bencic came back and won the tie-breaks with a 7-3 score. In the second set, the tennis players were incredibly equal, but Belinda Bencic won one more return game to finish it in her favor.
In the most recent fixture, she won over Camila Giorgi (6-2, 7-5) to qualify for the current stage. Belinda Bencic received 10 break point opportunities and converted five of them. She won eight out of 10 service games and 50% out of 10 return games. winning 56% of all points in that fixture.
Belinda Bencic has won 12 of the last 14 matches with a 2-0 score. She comes with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10) to beat Sabalenka in two sets.
Aryna Sabalenka vs Belinda Bencic H2H
Aryna Sabalenka and Belinda Bencic have won one out of two H2H fixtures each. The last game was finished in favor of Belinda Bencic (6-4, 2-6, 7-6) and was played in the 1/8 finals of the 2019 WTA Dubai.
Prediction and betting tips
Both tennis players are incredible. Belinda Bencic has won 13 of the last 14 matches, whereas Aryna Sabalenka has a streak of seven victories. The Swiss tennis player looks a bit stronger. She won the 2023 WTA Adelaide 2, before the 2023 AO. She beat Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Garcia, Veronika Kudermetova, and Daria Kasatkina in that tournament.
Aryna Sabalenka had a streak of three losses before her streak of victories. She has lost five of the last nine matches against rivals from the top 25 WTA. I can not believe that she will show her best against such a strong rival like Belinda Bencic.
Betting prediction: Belinda Bencic to win
Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!