The Elena Rybakina vs Victoria Azarenka fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Thursday, January 26, 2023, starting at 8:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Elena Rybakina is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 67%. Victoria Azarenka has an odds of 2.85 (+185; 37/20) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 33%.
The latest odds for Elena Rybakina vs Victoria Azarenka (January 26, 2023):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Rybakina — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Azarenka — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Rybakina —2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Azarenka — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
Elena Rybakina is one of the main favorites to win the tournament after winning Daniele Rose Collins, Elena Rybakina, and Iga Swiatek in the previous stages.
In the Round of 16, she eliminated Iga Swiatek (6-4, 6-4). In the first set, the Polish tennis player reached a 3-2 score, but Rybakina won the next three games in a row and kept a two-game lead to win the first set with a 6-4 score. She did not make a double fault and converted 100% out of two break points in the first set. The second one was similar to the first. Rybakina won three games in a row after a 4-3 score to qualify for the next stage.
The Kazakh tennis player destroyed Jelena Ostapenko (6-2, 6-4) in the most recent game. the Latvian tennis player was strong. She reached eight break point opportunities, but Rybakina saved seven of them. Also, she converted four out of six break points and won 56% of all points.
Elena Rybakina has won four of the last five matches with a 2-0 score. She comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to win over Azarenka in two sets.
Victoria Azarenka has won 11 of the last 14 matches with seven to nil. She qualified for the semi-final, but the Belarusian tennis player met only one strong rival in this tournament.
In the last match, she created a sensation by defeating Jessica Pegula (6-4, 6-1). Victoria Azarenka won 58% of the points in this match and received 13 break point opportunities in eight return games. Also, she gave Pegula only four break points and saved 50% of them.
In the 2023 Australian Open, Victoria Azarenka has played well. She has won 77.8% out of 54 service games and has saved 70% of break points. Also, Azarenka has completed seven aces per game on average. Her winning percentage of return games is not high (27.8% in 54 games).
A total of under 8.5 games in the second set has played out in four out of five Victoria Azarenka’s matches in the 2023 Australian Open. The exact total comes with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1).
Elena Rybakina vs Victoria Azarenka H2H
Elena Rybakina smashed Victoria Azarenka (6-3, 6-4) in the 1/16 finals of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells. That has been their single H2H match.
Prediction and betting tips
Elena Rynakina has defeated a lot of potent opponents in the 2023 Australian Open. She eliminated No. 1 Iga Swiatek and two more better-seeded tennis players. She won a single H2H match against Victoria Azarenka to nil. In this game, she gave her rival only one break point opportunity and received eight break points converting 25% of them.
Victoria Azarenka defeated Jessica Pegula in the most recent game, but that was a single strong rival meeten by Azarenka in the 2023 AO. Also, she was close to being eliminated by Madison Keys and Lin Zhu in the third and fourth rounds, respectively. Her victory in the last game was unpredictable and amazing, but I believe that Elena Rybakina will stop Azarenka in the semi-final.
Betting prediction: Elena Rybakina to win
Odds: 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!