The Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime fixture in the Round of 16 of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Monday, 24 January 2022, starting at 3:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime (January 24) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime (January 24) latest odds on betting sites
Marin Cilic is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional) to qualify for the 1/4 finals, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Felix Auger-Aliassime comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are approximately equal to 55%.
The latest odds for Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime (January 24):
- Over 39.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 39.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Auger-Aliassime — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Cilic — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime (January 24) match preview and stats
Marin Cilic defeated Andrey Rublev (7-5, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3) in the most recent match.
At the start of the first set, Cilic and Rublev traded service games, and then Marin won three games in a row. He converted the first breakpoint in the return game and did not give a breakpoint opportunity to his rival. However, Andrey then showed the same performance to level the score. In the last game, Marin Cilic had a breakpoint and converted it to finish the set with a 7-5 score.
In the second set, both tennis players played flawlessly in their service games. They did not give each other breakpoint opportunities and did not lose more than 30 points per game. Cilic was a bit stronger in tie-breaks and lost two serves less than Rublev to win the second set.
The first game in the third set was so close! Martin had three breakpoints, but Andrey saved all of them. Then Cilic won three games in a row and did not lose more than 15 points in each game. In spite of this great performance, Andrey Rublev won five remaining games and converted 100% of breakpoints during these games.
Marin Cilic did not give his rival breakpoint opportunities in the last set. Andrey Rublev started the fourth game badly and gave Marin a breakpoint. Cilic converted this breakpoint and played flawlessly in the five remaining sets. He did not make a single double fault.
We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the second set in seven of the last eight matches with Marin Cilic participating. This total is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5).
Felix Auger-Aliassime won over David Evans (6-4, 6-1, 6-1) to qualify for the Round of 16 of the 2022 Australian Open.
In the first set, both tennis players performed confidently in service games. David had a breakpoint in the third return game but did not convert it. In spite of this, we did not see a breakpoint to a 4-4 score. In the ninth set, Evans had one more breakpoint and did not convert it. Felix converted a single breakpoint in the last game to finish the set in his favor.
Felix Auger-Aliassime easily destroyed his rival in the second set. He performed flawlessly in the first five games and won all of them. He converted first breakpoints in return games and saved a single breakpoint of his rival. Then tennis players traded service games to finish the set with a 6-1 score.
David Evans easily won the first service game in the third set. However then we saw an unbelievable streak of six games won by Felix. He converted three out of four breakpoints during these games and did not give his rival a breakpoint opportunity. Also, Felix Auger-Aliassime did not make a double fault in the set.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the first set in the last 10 fixtures with Felix Auger-Aliassime participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2).
Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime H2H
Marin Cilic destroyed Felix Auger-Aliassime (7-6, 6-3) in the last H2H match in the 2021 ATP Stuttgart final match. Marin won 10 out of 11 service games and 72% of points. He won 20% and 42% of return games and points, respectively. Cilic converted only two out of 10 breakpoints and saved 80% of them.
Felix made six double faults in two sets. Also, he won 80% and 9% of service and return games, respectively. Auger-Aliassime won 58% of service points and 28% of return points. He converted only one out of five breakpoints and saved 80% of them.
Marin Cilic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime (January 24) betting tips and prediction
In spite of a worse ranking, Marin Cilic looks stronger this time. Felix is a comfortable rival for him: he has lost all H2H matches against Marin. Besides, Cilic has won seven out of the last nine matches against other opponents. He played confidently against Andrey Rublev, who is an extremely strong rival at the moment, whereas Felix made a lot of mistakes against much weaker rivals in the first two rounds.
Marin Cilic is able to win the match, but an asian handicap (+1.5) sets on him looks more safe. Also, I believe we will see a total of over 39.5 games in this fixture, because there are often close sets in Felix’s matches.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Marin Cilic
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 39.5 games
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)