Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs prediction and betting tips (January 14)
The Boston Bruins have received points in each of the last 14 matches. Will the Toronto Maple Leafs stop the best team of the 2022-23 regular season?
David Pastrnak is the second-best goalscorer in the 2022-23 NHL with 32 goals
David Pastrnak is the second-best goalscorer in the 2022-23 NHL with 32 goals

The Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Saturday, January 14, 2023, starting at 9:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is TD Garden, Boston.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Boston Bruins are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 41%. The Toronto Maple Leafs have an odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10), which equals an approximate probability of 24%.

The latest odds for Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (January 14, 2023):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Bruins — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)

Match preview and statistics

The Boston Bruins have lost 11 of the last 14 matches, but all lost fixtures were finished in overtime. The Bruins are the best team of the 2022-23 season and have a nine-point lead against the Toronto Maple Leafs, who are the second-best in the Atlantic Division and in the league.

The Boston Bruins have scored 3.85 goals per game on average, which is the second-best result, only 0.02 goals fewer than the Sabres. Also, they are first among goaltending leaders according to conceded goals (2.13 per game on average) and saving percentage (92.8%).

This result was provided by Linus Ullmark, who is the best goalie (1.87 goals against per game, 93.8% saving percentage). Also, the Bruins have lost only two out of 24 games with Ullmark in starting lineup.

In the most recent fixture, they smashed the Anaheim Ducks (7-1). David Pastrnak was unstoppable in this fixture with three goals and an assist, which made him the first star of the fixture. David Krejci was the second star with a goal and two assists.

The Boston Bruins have conceded only six goals in the last four matches. They come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to concede two goals or fewer this time.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are second after the Bruins in the Atlantic Division in the league and in the goaltending leaders' table. The Maple Leafs have played two matches more than the Bruins but received nine points less. The Bruins’ start of the season was much better, but the Maple Leafs are not much worse now.

Despite a good performance in the recent matches, the Maple Leafs’ chances are not so high, because some of their key players are injured. T. J. Brodie will not participate due to muscle injury. Also, Auston Matthews may skip this match, but his current condition is not confirmed.

In the last game against the Nashville Predators (2-1), Auston Matthews did not participate and Mitchell Marner with John Tavares were the Maple Leafs’ key players. Each of them scored one goal. Matt Murray showed a fantastic performance saved 32 out of 33 shots against him.

A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in three of the last four matches with the Toronto Maple Leafs participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.

Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs H2H

The Toronto Maple Leafs have won the last four H2H matches against the Boston Bruins including their single fixture this season (2-1). The Maple Leafs stopped the Bruins that times, but all goals were scored by Auston Matthews.

Lineups and key players

Boston Bruins projected starting lineup:

  • Linus Ullmark
  • Mike Reilly
  • Hampus Lindholm
  • David Pastrnak
  • David Krejci
  • Patrice Bergeron

David Pastrnak is the second-best goalscorer after Connor McDavid this season with 32 goals. In the last game against the Ducks, Pastrnak scored three goals and made an assist.

Toronto Maple Leafs projected starting lineup:

  • Ilya Samsonov
  • Jake Muzzin
  • Morgan Rielly
  • Mitch Marner
  • William Nylander
  • John Tavares

Mitch Marner is the 12th-best scorer in the 2022-23 season. Marner helped Auston Matthews to score all goals in the last H2H match against the Bruins.

Prediction and betting tips

The Boston Bruins lead almost all stats tables this season. They have the greatest number of points. Also, the Bruins are the second-most-scoring team and the least-conceding, respectively including the second-best goalscorer and the best goaltender.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are the second team in the league, but they have two times lower goal-diff than the Bruins. Also, Auston Matthews is likely to skip the fixture against the next matches, which will weaken the Maple Leafs’ attack. In spite of their confident performance in the last matches (7 victories in 10 matches), they were defeated by much weaker teams. The Toronto Maple Leafs lost the fixtures against the Seattle Kraken (1-5) and the Arizona Coyotes (3-6).

All these make me believe that they are not ready to get the Boston Bruins down in their next match.

Betting prediction: The Boston Bruins to win

Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 41
Boston Bruins — Toronto Maple Leafs
The Boston Bruins to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!