The Edmonton Oilers vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Thursday, January 19, 2023, starting at 11:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 2:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Rogers Place, Edmonton.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Edmonton Oilers are priced with the odds of 2.70 (+170 American; 17/10 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 36%. The Tampa Bay Lightning have an odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 42%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.
The latest odds for Edmonton Oilers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (January 19, 2023):
- Over 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.30 (-333; 3/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 3.20 (+220; 11/5)
Match preview and statistics
The Edmonton Oilers are fourth in the Pacific division with 24 victories in 45 matches, which is a bad result for the team with two best attackers of the 2022-23 season. They are the fourth most scoring team this season with 3.64 goals per game on average, but they have conceded approximately 3.29 goals per match, which is terrible.
The Edmonton Oilers keep playing without Evander Kane who has not recovered. Also, Kailer Yamamoto is likely to skip the next fixture too. He is an important part of the Oilers’ rotation having 12 points and a +7 impact index in 31 matches.
In the last match, the Oilers defeated the Vegas Golden Knights (4-3). They showed a much stronger attack, but Jack Campbell’s performance made them close to playing overtime. Leon Draisaitl was the first star of this match. He scored the second and the third goals. Connor McDavid completed only one assist, but he made eight shots on target in this match.
A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in the last four matches with the Edmonton Oilers participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in the match against Tampa.
The Tampa Bay Lightning broke the Seattle Kraken’s streak of eight victories defeating them in the most recent match with a 4-1 score. However, the last two goals were scored into the empty net in the last two minutes. Nicholas Paul was named the first star of the match for scoring the winning goal in the 47th minute.
The Lightning are the fifth most-scoring team in the league. They have scored 3.60 goals per game on average (0.04 fewer than the Oilers). Andrei Vasilevskiy returns his best form step-by-step. He is the eighth-best goalie according to saving percentage (91.8%) and the tenth-best by conceded goals (2.45 per game).
The Tampa Bay Lightning are third in the Atlantic Division being overtaken by the Maple Leafs (by two points), but Tampa played two matches fewer and the Boston Bruins, who received five more points.
Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning has played out in three of the last four matches with the Tampa Bay Lightning’s participation. The exact handicap comes with the odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) this time.
Edmonton Oilers vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H
The Edmonton Oilers won a single H2H match against the Tampa Bay Lightning (3-2) in the 2022-23 NHL. Despite Tampa’s strong attack, Jack Campbell saved his team that time finishing the match with a 94.6% saving percentage. Also, the Oilers scored two out of three goals converting power play opportunities.
Lineups and key players
Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:
- Jack Campbell
- Darnell Nurse
- Cody Ceci
- Dylan Holloway
- Leon Draisaitl
- Connor McDavid
Connor McDavid scored a goal and made an assist in the last H2H match against the Lightning. Also, he is the best scorer of the 2022-23 NHL with 37 goals and 46 assists.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Victor Hedman
- Haydn Fleury
- Brayden Point
- Nikita Kucherov
- Steven Stamkos
Nikita Kucherov is the fourth-best attacker of the 2022-23 season. Kucherov has scored 17 goals and has made 45 assists.
Prediction and betting tips
The Tampa Bay Lightning’s recent results look better, but they will play a game against the Vancouver Canucks one day before their fixture against the Edmonton Oilers. Also, they will have a fixture against the Calgary Flames next gay. All these may mean, that Tampa will be unable to show its full power in the match against the Oilers.
The Edmonton Oilers did not show their best play, but personally, Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaits, and Ryan Nugen-Hopkins are in perfect condition. Also, they do not have an as hard schedule as the Lightning have. I believe that we will see a draw in this fixture because given these circumstances the teams will be equal in this game.
Betting prediction: Draw
Odds: 4.50 (+350 American; 7/2 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!