Euro 2020: Belgium vs Italy prediction and betting tips (July 2)
Two undefeated teams, Belgium and Italy are ready to sweep each other out of Euro 2020 in the quarter-finals in Munich on Friday.
Thorgan Hazard brought his team a victory against Portugal
Thorgan Hazard brought his team a victory against Portugal
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

Roberto Martínez's men continue their way in the playoffs and are ready to meet Italy in the quarter-finals. The game will take place on 2 July 2021 at the Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany. This will be the second fixture of the stage. The winner will meet either Spain or Switzerland in the semis, who play their match in Saint-Petersburg, Russia on the same day.

Online betting sites are more confident in Italy's victory in the 90 minutes, which goes with the odds of 2.42 (+142 American). They are sure of the Gli Azzurri's triumph by 40%. The full-time victory of The Red Devils is offered with the odds of 3.34 (+234) which equals to probability of 29%. The tie goes with the odds of 3.19 (+219 American) and the chance of 31%.

Odds to qualify to the semi-finals are: Belgium — 2.19 (+119 American), Italy — 1.68 (-147 American). The chances of these outcomes are 40% and 60% respectively.

Belgium vs Italy: Euro 2020 match preview

2006 FIFA World Cup champions started Euro 2020 in one of the easiest groups and defeated all their opponents with a total score of 7:0. In the Round of 16 they moved past Austria to book a spot in the quarter-finals. Game finished in overtime (2:1).

The Blues lost for the last time in 2018 and are unbeaten in 30 matches in a row, for 3.5 years. This is the longest streak among all national teams right now. Roberto Mancini's boys won 50% of those matches to nil

Belgium saved its playmakers' energy and gave them enough recovery time. Belgium often started with second best performers in its lineup and let its stars play when it was necessary. For example, the best midfielder of Roberto Martínez was present in the starting XI only twice during 4 matches, but this caution didn't save Kevin de Bruyne from leg injury.

However, Belgium has destroyed its adversaries in the group stage. There were 2 easy victories for The Red Devils, against Russia (3-0) and Finland (2-0), and a huge comeback against Denmark. Round of 16, however, was played against the best third-place team and proved to be hard for Belgium, but individual prowess of Thorgan Hazard and Belgium's defence saved the day for the team and the goal net from threatening Cristiano Ronaldo.

Belgium vs Italy: latest team news and lineups

Most of Italy's players are ready to start in the key XI, but 25-years-old Roma's midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini will stay put to recover after a muscle injury. Gli Azzurri's captain, 36-years-old centre back Giorgio Chiellini may skip the match too, because he hasn't fully recovered after the match against Swiss.

Belgium will start the fixture without Timothy Castagne who caught an orbital fracture. Simon Mignolet will skip this match for sure too, because he hasn't recovered after previous injury. The Red Devils captain Eden Hazard and playmaker Kevin de Bruyne may skip the future match as well, because they injured their legs in the Round of 16 match.

Probable Belgium lineup: Thibaut Courtois, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Vermaelen, Thomas Meunier, Axel Witsel, Youri Tielemans, Thorgan Hazard, Yannick Carrasco, Romelu Lukaku, Dries Mertens.

Probable Italy lineup: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Alessandro Bastoni, Leonardo Bonucci, Leonardo Spinazzola, Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Jorginho, Nicolò Barella, Marco Verratti, Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Chiesa, Ciro Immobile.

Belgium vs Italy: key players

Romelu Lukaku is the best Belgian forward who scored 3 goals in 4 matches. He destroyed his opponents in Serie A season 2020/2021 with 24 goals and 11 assists in 36 matches, and keeps on scoring more and more for his national team. He has played 354 minutes in 4 matches during Euro 2020, and will be in the starting lineup for sure.

Thorgan Hazard, a young midfielder who scored 2 goals in 268 minutes, let his national team reach the 1/4 finals with his goal in the Belgium — Portugal match.

We'll be glad to see Kevin de Bruyne in the future match, but he may skip it to recover after his injury. Kevin is an important part of The Red Devils’ mid-play. He had a goal and two assists in 182 minutes of play. His skills will help his team for sure, and Italy would be unlucky to see him in the future game.

Ciro Immobile, Lazio attacker who scored 20 goals in 35 matches for his club and 2 goals for his national team at Euro, is worth noting too. He doesn't have high-level dribbling skill, but he does the best shots for his team. He made 3 shots on target and scored 2 of them.

Matteo Pessina must be in the starting lineup of his national team, he scored 2 goals in 144 minutes. But he caught a yellow card which may stop Roberto Mancini from letting him play in the starting XI.

Belgium vs Italy: betting tips for Euro 2020 match

Belgium and Italy look equal judging by their form. Belgium has many masterful players, but Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne may skip the match, while Italy's whole team is ready to eliminate their opponents.

Team to quality for the next stage — Italy with odds of 1.68 (-147 American)

Both teams have forwards who showed sharp skills during Euro 2020. Among them: Romelu Lukaku — 3 goals, Thorgan Hazard — 2 goals, Ciro Immobile — 2 goals and an assist, Matteo Pessina — 2 goals. I believe this will pay off for both squads in the full-time of the match.

Both team to score — Yes with the odds of 2.13 (+113 American)

Football UEFA Euro 2020 . Quarter-final
Belgium — Italy
Both team to score — Yes
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!