Euro 2020: Italy vs Spain prediction and betting tips (July 6)
Spain and Italy will collide in the first match of the Euro 2020 semi-finals, with Squadra Azzurra being a favourite after Spain’s hardships against Switzerland.
Ciro Immobile of Italy at Euro 2020
Ciro Immobile of Italy at Euro 2020
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

Spain national football team, which has not lost for 13 matches, is ready to meet their rival Italy, which has eliminated each of their opponents and has stayed undefeated for 31 games. Check our prediction and betting tips for the Italy — Spain match, which will take place on 6 July 2021 at Wembley Stadium in London.

The winner will meet either England or Denmark in the Euro 2020 finals.

Italy vs Spain: latest odds on betting sites

In the minds of online bookmakers` traders, these teams are equally balanced, but Italy is in fantastic form and still looks a bit better than Luis Enrique`s boys. Italy’s win over Spain in 90 minutes goes with the odds of 2.54 (+154 American), which equals chances of 39.5%. Triumph of Spain in full-time is priced with the odds of 3.18 (+218), whereas the tie comes with the odds of 3.25 (+225). The chances of these outcomes are 31.5% and 29%, respectively.

Italy to qualify for the final is priced with the odds of 1.74 (-135). At the same time, bets on Spain to play against England or Denmark in the final are taken with the odds of 2.09 (+109). The qualification chances are as follows: Italy — 57.5%, Spain — 42.5%.

Who will continue their streak of matches without losses — Italy or Spain? Betting tips and our prediction for this Euro 2020 match is awaiting you below!

Italy vs Spain: Euro 2020 match preview

Italy easily beat their opponents in the group stage and finished group A first. Squadra Azzurra knocked out Austria in the Round of 16 and eliminated Belgium in the following stage. Italy`s results look promising, but apart from Belgium, they had no rivals from above the 13th place of the FIFA world rank. And The Red Devils were close to beating them. Italy has problems in the matches against high-rated opponents, with Spain being one of them

One should remember that Italy’s defensive players are closing to the end of their careers. There were moments when they lacked pace against Belgium, whereas Spain has the second youngest squad at Euro 2020. With the exception of slow speeds, Italian`s defence looks more reliable than that of Spain. Italy performed 117 defensive actions at Euro 2020, whereas La Roja did 76 only. A total under 2.5 goals played out in 5 of Italy’s last 6 matches against Spain. Now this bet comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143).

Spain had problems in the group stage but finished second and qualified. Sadly, troubles didn’t stop. The Red Fury won in extra time against Croatia (5-3) in the Round of 16 and had a tiresome penalty shootout against Switzerland, which ended with a 1-1 (3-1) score.

Spain national team boasts a ball control level of 66% on average at Euro 2020. It is appealing to place a wager on Spain’s ball possession to be over 56.5% in the fixture against Italy. This bet can be made with the odds of 1.83 (-120).

Luis Enrique`s attacking force is the best in the semis of Euro 2020. Spaniards scored 12 goals, took 39 shots on target and made 78 attempts to score, whilst Italians scored 11 times, made 26 shots on target and created 74 goal moments in total. You can bet on Spain to take more shots on target than Italy with the odds of 2.23 (+123). I think that Italy's slow defence can be opened up by the Spanish attack, so this bet is worth noting.

Italy vs Spain: latest team news and lineups

Lorenzo Pellegrini, 25-years-old midfielder, injured his muscle and will stay put on the bench. Leonardo Spinazzola has an achilles injury, which he received in the previous match. He is out for the rest of the tournament. Italy will be forced to play without the fastest footballer at Euro 2020.

Alessandro Florenzi and Pablo Sarabia, Italy’s right-back and Spain`s right-winger, respectively, may skip the next match because they did not have enough time to recover after previous games.

Fortunately, both teams have no yellow or red cards, and their benches are full of talent.

Probable Italy lineup: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Alessandro Bastoni, Leonardo Bonucci, Emerson, Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Jorginho, Nicolò Barella, Marco Verratti, Lorenzo Insigne, Federico Chiesa, Ciro Immobile.

Probable Spain lineup: Unai Simón, Eric García, Aymeric Laporte, Jordi Alba, César Azpilicueta, Sergio Busquets, Koke, Pedri, Ferran Torres, Dani Olmo, Álvaro Morata.

Italy vs Spain: key players

Ciro Immobile had a perfect club season in Lazio, but he made a lot of mistakes at Euro 2020. In spite of this, he scored 2 goals and made an assist in 4 matches. We have all the right to wait for a lot of attempts to score from him.

Pablo Sarabia keeps being Spain's top forward. He scored 2 goals and made 2 assists in 252 minutes of playing time at Euro 2020. There are chances that Sarabia will skip the next match, but I hope he will help his team, even if not from the starting whistle.

Italy vs Spain: betting tips for Euro 2020 match

Italy and Spain look equal judging by their form. Italian squad scored in the last 13 fixtures, whereas Spain has the best attack at Euro 2020, which consists of young and fast players.

Both teams to score — Yes with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American)

Italy — Spain
Both teams to score — Yes
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!