The Barcelona vs Basconia fixture in Round 10 of the 2022-23 EuroLeague will take place on Friday, November 25 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Palau Blaugrana, Barcelona.
Latest odds on betting sites
Barcelona come with odds of 1.20 (-500 American; 1/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 75%. Basconia has an odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1) to win this match. Therefore, the chances of their victory are around 20%. The draw comes with odds of 19.00 (+1800; 18/1), which equals an approximate probability of 5%.
The latest odds for Barcelona vs Basconia (November 25):
- Over 162.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 162.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-9.5) points on Barcelona — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+9.5) points on Basconia — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- HT/FT – 1/1 — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
- HT/FT – 1/2 — 5.50 (+450; 9/2)
Match preview and statistics
Barcelona are unlucky to start the next fixture without Nikola Mirotic, who will be unable to play the next game due to an achilles injury. He has played 98 games for Barcelona in the EuroLeague every time in starting lineups. Nikola Mirotic has scored 17.2 pts per match on average for Barcelona in the last three EuroLeague seasons. However, Mike Tobey, who replaces Mirotic in the 2022-23 season, is far from similar results, with only 6.9 points per match.
Barcelona have won six of the first nine rounds. However, Anadolu Efes, which are current champions, beat Barcelona in Round 8. Also, Sarunas Jasikevicius' men lost two games against Zalgiris and Olympiacos this season. Also, these three games were the worst for Mike Tobey in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. He scored only four points playing 37 minutes in total.
In Round 9, Barcelona smashed Partizan by 11 points. They showed a more potent attack and were better under the baskets. Nicolas Laprovíttola and Tomas Satoransky were the match's first-best and second-best scorers, with 13 and 11 points, respectively.
A total of under 161.5 points has played out in four of the last six matches, with Barcelona participating. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in the next fixture.
Basconia do not have any injured players and will play their best roster. Daulton Hommes could have shown his best play. He has played in starting lineups in six out of nine matches in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. Hommes has scored 51 points and has completed 22 rebounds in these matches. Pierria Henry played five games, starting them from the bench and finishing them with 9.6 points and 5.4 assists per match on average, which looks reasonable.
Basconia have five games and four losses to be sixth in the 2022-23 Euroleague. They were defeated by Olympiacos, LDLC ASVEL, Panathinaikos and Monaco, who are not so strong. Basconia were strong in the 2022-23 ACB. However, they have won five out of eight matches in the league, including the game against Real Madrid.
In the last game, Basconia won over Zalgiris by 20 points. Again, Darius Thompson and Matt Costello were key players. The American points guard scored 19 points and made five assists, whereas Matt Costello finished the game with 19 points and seven rebounds.
Asian handicap (+9.5) points on Basconia has played out in five of the last seven matches. The exact handicap comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) this time.
Barcelona vs Basconia H2H
Barcelona destroyed Basonia (89-74) in Round 2 of the 2022-23 ACB. Basconia made two more attempts to score and finished one more successfully than Barcelona, but Sarunas Jasikevicius' boys scored 17 one-point shots more to win the game. Jan Vesely was the MVP of the match with 15 points and five rebounds.
Lineups and key players
Barcelona starting projected lineup:
- Point guard: Tomas Satoransky
- Shooting guard: Nicolas Laprovittola
- Small forward: Nikola Kalinic
- Power forward: Mike Tobey
- Center: Sertac Sanli
Nicolas Laprovittola was the best scorer for his team in the last four matches in a row. Also, he scored 28 points in the lost game against Anadolu Efes.
Basconia projected starting lineup:
- Point guard: Darius Thompson
- Shooting guard: Markus Howard
- Small forward: Rokas Giedraitis
- Power forward: Daulton Hommes
- Center: Maik Kotsar
Markus Howard is the best scorer for Basconia in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. He has scored 20 or more points in four out of nine games. His overall performance index is equal to +95.
Prediction and betting tips
Barcelona have won 11 of the last 14 matches. Their roster looks much more potent than Basconia's, but Mike Tobey needs to play better, and Barcelona has no strong power forwards to replace him. He has yet to score any points in two out of three lost matches in the 2022-23 EuroLeague and scored only four in the remaining one.
Basconia have lost three of the last four games. In the 2022-23 EuroLeague, Basconia have yet to show any good results. They have met only one strong rival but have four losses in nine matches. However, they played well in the last head-to-head game against Barcelona and beat Real Madrid in the 2022-23 ACB. Both teams need to be in their best form now. This fact and performances in the last H2H match make Asian handicap (+9.5) points on Basconia safe outcome.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+9.5) points on Basconia
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)