The Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud fixture in the final of the 2022 Roland Garros will take place on Sunday, 5 June 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Court Philippe-Chatrier, Paris. Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud (June 5) French Open final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud latest odds on betting sites
Rafael Nadal is priced with the odds of 1.20 (-500 American; 1/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 82%. Casper Ruud comes with the odds of 5.20 (+420; 21/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 18%.
The latest odds for Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud (June 3):
- Over 34.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 34.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Ruud — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Nadal — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
- Asian handicap (+6.5) games on Ruud — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-6.5) games on Nadal — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud match preview and statistics
Rafael Nadal defeated Alexander Zverev (7-6, 6-6) in the semi-final.
Alexander Zverev reached a 40-30 score and converted a break point in the first game of the first set. Then the tennis player performed perfectly and did not give each other break point opportunities to a 3-4 score. Rafa received two break points in the eighth game and converted the last one to level the score. Nadal had three set points in the 10th game, but did not convert them all. In tie-breaks, Zverev reached a 6-2 score, but did not convert four set points and lost the set with a 7-6 score.
In the second set, the tennis players easily won their first two return games. Then Zverev won two games in a row to reach a 4-2 score. After a 3-5 score, Nadal won two more games to level the score. Zverev easily won the sixth service game. At the last point of the 12th game he fell and damaged his leg. After that, the German tennis player was not able to continue the match.
In the current season, Rafael Nadal has played confidently. He has won 85% of service games and 67% of service points. Rafa has faced 152 break points and has saved 66% of them. He has won 41% of return points and 30% of return games. Rafael Nadal has converted 41% of break points.
Rafael Nadal has received approximately 13 break points per match in the 2022 season. He is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to receive 13 break points this time.
Casper Ruud pulled Marin Cilic (3-6, 6-4, 6-2, 6-2) down in the most recent match.
In the fourth game of the first set, Ruud reached a 40-30 score, but did not convert two break points. After a 3-2 score, Marin Cilic easily won four games in a row to finish the first set in his favor. Casper Ruud did not save and convert a break point in this set.
Casper Ruud reached a 40-0 and converted the second break point in the second return game of the second set. Cilic received a break point in the next game, but he did not level the score. The tennis players were equal before the last game. In the tenth game, Marin Cilic reached a 40-0 score and was so close to levelling the score. However, Ruud saved all break points to win the set.
In the third set, the Norwegian tennis player easily won the first four games in a row. Marin Cilic reached a 40-15 score in the sixth game, but his rival saved them all. In the eighth game, Casper Ruud saved one more break point and finished the set with a 6-2 score in his favor.
Casper Rudd was much stronger than his rival in the last set too. He converted one out of two break points in the first return game. Ruud reached a 40-0 score in the third return game and converted the second break point. He did not give his rival break point opportunities in this set.
Casper Ruud has increased his skills in the 2022 season. He has won 87% of service games and 24% of return games. Ruud has saved and converted 65% and 38% of break points, respectively. He has made approximately two double faults per match.
A total of over 3.5 sets has played out in five out of six matches in this tournament with Casper Ruud participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) this time.
Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud predictions and betting tips
Rafael Nadal is unstoppable now. He is close to winning the 22nd Grand Slam in his career. He defeated Novak Djokovic and Alexander Zverev in two previous stages of the 2022 French Open. Of course, Alexander Zverev was not able to continue the match, but before the injury, Rafael Nadal showed s confident play.
In this tournament, Casper Ruud has played well too. He won over Hubert Hurkacz and Marin Cilic, who are strong players now. Casper Ruud has played flawlessly against weaker rivals in the 2022 season, but he has had a lot of problems against higher rated opponents. I believe that Rafael Nadal will win this match with a 3-1 score. He is much stronger, but Ruud is able to take a set in his current form.
Betting prediction: 3-1 by sets
Odds: 3.40 (+240 American; 12/5 Fractional)