Minnesota Wild vs Edmonton Oilers prediction and betting tips (December 12)
The Minnesota Wild had a streak of seven victories in H2H matches against the Oilers, but it was broken in the last game. Who will win this time?
Filip Gustavsson is the fifth-best goalie in the 2022-23 season according to saving percentage
Filip Gustavsson is the fifth-best goalie in the 2022-23 season according to saving percentage
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Minnesota Wild vs Edmonton Oilers fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Sunday, December 12 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is midnight by GMT the next day. The venue is Xcel Energy Center, Minnesota.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Minnesota Wild are priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. The Edmonton Oilers have an odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 34%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.75 (+375; 11/4), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.

The latest odds for Minnesota Wild vs Edmonton Oilers (December 12 2022):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Wild — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)

Match preview and statistics

The Minnesota Wild will start the game against the Edmonton Oilers without two wingers. Brandon Duhaime and Ryan Hartman will skip this match due to upper-body injuries. Even though they are not starting-lineup players, the wingers performed potently in their playtime. Brandon Duhaime scored three goals and made an assist in 130 minutes, while Ryan Hartman received five points and made 21 shots in five played games.

The Minnesota Wild destroyed the Vancouver Canucks (3-0) in the most recent game. The teams attacked equally, but Filip Gustavsson did not concede any goals to stop his rivals. Mats Zuccarello and Matt Boldy were the second and third stars of the match with two and one points, respectively.

Dean Evason’s boys are third in the central division overtaking the current champions, but their gap from first place is equal to seven points. The Wild have won 14 out of 27 matches. Despite the confident attacking line, the Minnesota Wild are not among the top-scoring teams, due to the slow start of the season. They have scored only 3.07 goals per game this season, but this ratio got better in recent matches.

The Minnesota Wild have scored 37 goals in the last nine matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) to score four goals against the Oilers.

The Edmonton Oilers have won six of the last eight matches scoring at least four goals in each won fixture. Their attack keeps being one of the best in the 2022-23 NHL. It proves their fifth position among skating leaders. They have scored 3.64 goals per match on average, which is 0.28 least than the best ratio.

They show such a strong attack playing without Ryan McLeod, Warren Foegele and Evander Kane, who is the main left winger. These three attackers will skip the next game against the Wild too. Also, the Oilers will play without Oscar Klefbom and Mike Smith.

The Edmonton Oilers won over the Arizona Coyote (8-2). Connor McDavid predictably was the first star of the match scoring two goals and making two assists. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who is the third-best scorer for the Oilers was the second star with two goals and an assist. He shows incredible play replacing Evander Kane in his position. Nugent Hopkins received eight points in five played games in December, which is only two points fewer than received by Leon Draisaitl, who is the second-best attacker this season.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in five of the last seven H2H matches. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) this time.

Minnesota Wild vs Edmonton Oilers H2H

The Minnesota Wild have met the Edmonton Oilers twice in the 2022-23 season. Each team won one out of two games and scored five goals in the winning game. In the last fixture, the Oilers beat their rivals with a 5-2 score.

Lineups and key players

Minnesota Wild projected starting lineup:

  • Filip Gustavsson
  • Jonas Brodin
  • Andrej Sustr
  • Mats Zuccarello
  • Kirill Kaprizov
  • Joel Eriksson Ek

Filip Gustavsson is the fifth-best goalie in the 2022-23 season according to saving percentage. His ratio is equal to 92%. Also, Gustavsson completed a shutout in the last game against the Canucks to finish it as the first star.

Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:

  • Jack Campbell
  • Darnell Nurse
  • Cody Ceci
  • Dylan Holloway
  • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
  • Connor McDavid

Connor McDavid is the best goalscorer and the best assistant in the 2022-23 NHL. Connor McDavid has scored 25 goals and has made 29 assists this season.

Prediction and betting tips

The Minnesota Wild have won seven of the last 10 matches scoring 39 goals in this game. They have shown a confident attack built around Kirill Kaprizov, who is the 11th-best forward in the 2022-23 season with 17 goals and 17 assists. Also, they have the fifth-best goaltender with a 92% saving percentage, which makes this team well-balanced.

However, the Edmonton Oilers are not weaker that the Wild. They have an unstoppable attack with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. Also, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who was a rotation player before Evander Kane’s injury, received only one point fewer than Kirill Kaprizov in the 2022-23 season. Stuart Skinner was the first star of the last H2H match and has a 91.9% saving percentage, but he played five games more than Filip Gustavsson. As for me, the Oilers look stronger now. I believe that they will beat the Wild in this fixture.

Betting prediction: The Edmonton Oilers to win (including overtime)

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 27
Minnesota Wild — Edmonton Oilers
The Edmonton Oilers to win (including overtime)
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!