The Montpellier vs Monaco fixture in the 22nd round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 23 January 2021, starting at 04:05 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade de la Mosson, Montpellier. Montpellier vs Monaco (January 23) prediction and betting tips from Takebet can be found below.
Montpellier vs Monaco (January 23) latest odds on betting sites
Montpellier are priced with the odds of 3.90 (+290 American; 29/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 24%. Monaco come with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) to take Montpellier down. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 50%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.75 (+275; 11/4) which equals an approximate probability of 26%.
The latest odds for Montpellier vs Monaco (January 23) betting markets:
- Over 2.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 2.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Montpellier — 1.30 (-333; 1/3)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Monaco — 3.50 (+250; 5/2)
- Wissam Ben Yedder to score anytime — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Kevin Volland to score anytime — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
Montpellier vs Monaco (January 23) match preview and stats
Montpellier are ninth in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 31 points in 21 matches. They have nine victories, four draws and eight losses. They were defeated by Troyes (0-1) in the last game.
Montpellier performed better than their rivals in the first half. They controlled the ball 54% of the time and attacked 19 times. La Paillade made eight shots with two on target but did not finish them successfully, whereas their rivals made five shots with one on target and did not score in this half too.
In the second half, Montpellier’s performance was not confident. They controlled the ball 50% of the time and attacked 16 times but made only three shots which were not on target. Troyes attacked 14 times and made eight shots with four on target and finished one of them successfully. Xavier Chavalerin scored the only goal with Jerson Rodriguez’s support.
Olivier Dall'Oglio’s men have terrific stats in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They made 177 shots with 95 on target in 21 matches. Montpellier have created 168 chances in penalty areas and have scored 34 goals. They have completed approximately 28 defensive actions per game on average.
Montpellier have not scored in the second half in the last three matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4).
Montpellier team news: Thibault Tamas — knee injury, Maxime Esteve — hip injury.
Monaco are sixth in the 2021-22 season. They received 33 points in 21 matches. The Monegasques won over nine rivals, drew six times and lost six remaining fixtures. In the most recent match, they won over Clermont (4-0).
Monaco dominated in the first half. They made nine shots with four on target whereas their rivals made two shots with one on target. Monaco controlled the ball 54% of the time and attacked 51 times in the half. In the 46th minute, Sofiane Diop scored the first goal in the match.
The Monegasques played perfectly in the second half too. They controlled the ball 52% of the time and made 21 attacks. Philippe Clement’s boys made 11 shots with six on target, whereas Clermont made only four shots which were not on target. Wissam Ben Yedder scored two goals in the 55th and 62nd minutes. Also, he helped Caio Oliveira Silva to score the last goal.
Monaco’s stats in the 2021-22 season are not bad. They have made 174 shots with 81 on target and have finished 33 of them successfully. The Monegasques have created approximately eight chances in penalty areas per game. They completed 509 defensive actions in 21 matches.
Monaco have scored two or more goals in four of the last five matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) this time.
Monaco team news: Benoit Badiashile — muscle injury, Aleksandr Golovin — muscle injury, Krepin Diatta — knee injury, Cesc Fabregas — muscle injury.
Montpellier vs Monaco (January 23) key players and lineups
Montpellier projected starting lineup:
- Jonas Omlin
- Mihailo Ristic
- Mamadou Sakho
- Nicolas Cozza
- Arnaud Souquet
- Joris Chotard
- Jordan Ferri
- Stephy Mavididi
- Florent Mollet
- Junior Sambia
- Sepe Elye Wahi
Stephy Mavididi scored the greatest number of goals for his team. He made 30 shots with 15 on target in 20 matches and finished six of these shots successfully.
Monaco projected starting lineup:
- Alexander Nubel
- Caio Henrique
- Axel Disasi
- Guillermo Maripan
- Ruben Aguilar
- Sofiane Diop
- Youssouf Fofana
- Aurelien Tchouameni
- Gelson Martins
- Myron Boadu
- Wissam Ben Yedder
Wissam Ben Yedder is the best forward in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored 12 goals and made three assists in 20 matches. Wissam made 20 shots with 12 on target and created 17 chances in penalty areas.
Montpellier vs Monaco (January 23) betting tips and prediction
Monaco are in better form now. They have lost only one of the last 14 matches. Montpellier are on a streak of two losses but they won six matches in a row before these defeats and played well too. Both teams are able to score in this match. This outcome has played out in six of the last seven head-to-head matches of Montpellier and Monaco.
Also, I believe that Monaco will win this fixture. Montpellier are comfortable rivals for them. The Monegasques have won three of the last four matches against Olivier Dall'Oglio’s men and drew in the remaining one.
Betting prediction: Both teams to score (Yes)
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Monaco to win
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)