New York Rangers vs Dallas Stars prediction and betting tips (January 12)
The New York Rangers have won four of the last five matches and three of the last four H2H fixtures against the Dallas Stars. Will they win this time?
Jason Robertson is the fourth-best goalscorer this season
Jason Robertson is the fourth-best goalscorer this season

The New York Rangers vs Dallas Stars fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Thursday, January 12, 2023, starting at 9:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York.

Latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 2.45 (+145 American; 29/20 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Dallas Stars have an odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 36%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10), which equals an approximate probability of 24%.

The latest odds for New York Rangers vs Dallas Stars (January 12, 2023):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Rangers — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Stars — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)

Match preview and statistics

The New York Rangers are third in the Metropolitan Division with 53 points in 42 games. This result is worse than expected. That was caused by the worsening of key players’ performance.

Igor Shesterkin, who was the best goalie of the 2021-22 season is the 11th now with a 91.6% saving percentage and 2.49 conceded goals per game on average. Artemi Panarin made only eight attempts to score and received four points in five matches of January, whereas Mika Zibanejad has only one point and one shot more than Panarin this month.

Despite those, the New York Rangers have won four of the last five matches, including the match against the Carolina Hurricanes (5-3), which is the second-best team of the regular season.

They won over the Minnesota Wild (4-3 SO) in the most recent fixture. Marc-Andre Fleury almost stopped the Rangers by saving 40 out of 43 shots on target, but that was not enough. Adam Fox and K`Andre Miller were the first and the second stars with a goal and an assist each.

We have seen draws in three of the last six matches with the NY Rangers’ participation. Draw in this fixture comes with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10) this time.

The Dallas Stars have won six of the last eight matches. They lead the Central Division with 56 points received by 25 victories and six losses in overtime. They are the third least-conceding team with 2.60 goals against per game, which is just 0.01 GPG greater than the Maple Leafs, which are the second-best.

Jake Oettinger is the third-best goalie in the 2022-23 season according to goals per game ratio (2.29). His saving percentage is equal to 92.3% and is the fifth-best. Jason Robertson is the fourth-best goalscorer. At the start of the season, he was close to overtaking Connor McDavid, but his current result is not bad too.

The Dallas Stars defeated the New York Islanders (2-1 SO). Jason Robertson and Jake Oettinger were the first and the second stars, respectively. Jake Oettinger saved 96.4% out of 28 shots on target.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in five of the last seven matches with the Dallas Stars participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this fixture.

New York Rangers vs Dallas Stars H2H

The New York Rangers have won three of the last four matches against the Dallas Stars and lost a single fixture in overtime.

Lineups and key players

New York Rangers projected starting lineup:

  • Igor Shesterkin
  • Adam Fox
  • Ryan Lindgren
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Kaapo Kakko
  • Mika Zibanejad

Mika Zibanejad was the third star in the last H2H match against the Rangers scoring a goal and making two assists. Zibanejad has scored 19 goals and has made 25 assists in the 2022-23 season.

Dallas Stars projected starting lineup:

  • Jake Oettinger
  • Colin Miller
  • Miro Heiskanen
  • Joe Pavelski
  • Roope Hintz
  • Jason Robertson

Jason Robertson is the fourth-best goalscorer this season. He has scored 29 goals and has made 29 assists. Also, he was the first star of the most recent match against the Islanders.

Prediction and betting tips

The New York Rangers have won four of the last five matches and had a close match against the Tampa Bay Lightning, which was lost in overtime. Also, they have won the last two H2H matches against the Dallas Stars by three points each. They do not have as perfect stats as the Stars, but their recent results and play in H2H fixtures are more confident.

The Stars have one of the best goalies and one of the best skaters in the 2022-23 season. Also, they have won six of the last nine guest matches. The teams look equally apart from performance in the H2H fixture. I will expect to see a total of under 5.5 goals this time because both teams have strong goalies and the same total has played out in five of the last seven matches with the Dallas Stars participating.

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 43
New York Rangers — Dallas Stars
Won
Under 5.5 goals
2.10
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!