The Pittsburgh Penguins vs Anaheim Ducks fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Monday, January 16, 2023, starting at 9:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is PPG Paint Arena, Pittsburgh.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Pittsburgh Penguins are priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 60%. The Anaheim Ducks have an odds of 4.75 (+375; 15/4) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 22%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 5.20 (+420; 21/5), which equals an approximate probability of 18%.
The latest odds for Pittsburgh Penguins vs Anaheim Ducks (January 16, 2023):
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Ducks — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Penguins — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
The Pittsburgh Penguins are the sixth in the Metropolitan Division, overtaking only the Philadelphia Flyers and the Columbus Blue Jackets by five and 20 points, respectively. They played strongly at the start of the season, but their recent streak of six losses made things worse.
Also, the Penguins will play the next match against the Ducks without two important defensemen. Marcus Pettersson and Kris Letang are injured and will be unlucky to participate in this match. They have received 11 and 16 points, respectively.
The Pittsburgh Penguins were defeated in the most recent fixture against the Carolina Hurricanes (1-2). They showed a potent attack, but Frederik Andersen stopped them saving 34 out of 35 shots against, which made him the first star of the match. Rickard Rakell bagged a single goal for the Penguins converting a power play opportunity in the 48th minute.
We have seen a total of under 6.5 goals in five of the last seven matches with the Pittsburgh Penguins participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.
The Anaheim Ducks have a streak of three losses. They were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, the Edmonton Oilers, and the Boston Bruins, scoring five goals in all matches and conceding 19. The Anaheim Ducks have won only three of the last eight matches, but they defeated the Dallas Stars (2-0) and the Vegas Golden Knights (3-2 SO) in this fixture. They are last in the Pacific Division with 28 points in 43 fixtures.
The Anaheim Ducks are the most-conceding and least-scoring team in the 2022-23 NHL, having worse results than the Chicago Blackhawks, which is a single team having fewer points than the Ducks. They have conceded and scored 4.16 and 2.26 goals per game on average.
The Ducks lost their most recent match against the New Jersey Devils (2-6). Adam Henrique and Trevor Zegras scored their goals for the Ducks. Jesper Bratt was the first star of the match for scoring two goals.
The Anaheim Ducks have conceded 23 goals in the last four matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.65 (+165; 33/20) to concede at least five goals against the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Anaheim Ducks H2H
The Pittsburgh Penguins destroyed the Anaheim Ducks (4-1) in the last H2H match. Evgeni Malkin was the first star of the match receiving three points (2 goals and 1 assist). Jakob Silfverbeg bagged a single goal for the Ducks, which made him the second star of the game.
Lineups and key players
Pittsburgh Penguins projected starting lineup:
- Casey DeSmith
- Brian Dumoulin
- Mark Friedman
- Evgeni Malkin
- Sidney Crosby
- Drake Caggiula
Evgeni Malkin is the second-best scorer for the Penguins. He was the first star of the most recent match against the Ducks and has received four points in the last three matches for the Penguins.
Anaheim Ducks projected starting lineup:
- Anthony Stolarz
- Cam Fowler
- Dmitry Kulikov
- Troy Terry
- Trevor Zegras
- Adam Henrique
Troy Terry is the best forward on his team. He has scored 12 goals and has made 22 assists in the 2022-23 season.
Prediction and betting tips
The next match against the Ducks is a great chance for the Penguins to break their streak of losses. They lost the last two matches in a row and have been defeated in eight of the last 10, but most of these losses were against strong rivals (the Hurricanes, the Golden Knights the Bruins).
The Anaheim Ducks have lost five of the last seven matches and four of the last five H2H matches against the Penguins. They are one of the worst teams in the league according to received points and are the worst according to stats. In spite of their infrequent victories against stronger teams, I can not believe that they will show anything against the Penguins in this match.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) on Penguins
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!