Rennes vs Marseille prediction and betting tips (May 14)
Marseille have won three of the last four head-to-head fixtures against Rennes. Will they win one more game?
Bamba Dieng (Marseille) showed flawless play in the last match
Bamba Dieng (Marseille) showed flawless play in the last match

The Rennes vs Marseille fixture in the 37th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 14 May 2021, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Roazhon Park, Rennes. Rennes vs Marseille (May 14) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Rennes vs Marseille latest odds on betting sites

Rennes are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+200 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. Marseille come with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10) to take Rennes down. The chances of this outcome are close to 26%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.90 (+390; 39/10), which equals an approximate probability of 24%.

The latest odds for Rennes vs Marseille (May 14) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Marseille — 1.30 (-333; 3/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Rennes — 3.50 (+250; 5/2)
  • Arkadiusz Milik to score anytime — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
  • Gaetan Laborde to score anytime — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)

Rennes vs Marseille match preview and statistics

Rennes have 19 victories, five draws and 12 losses in the current season.

In the last game, they were defeated by Nantes (1-2). Rennes dominated in the first period. They controlled the ball 63% of the time and made 24 attacks. They made eight shots with two on target and bagged one goal. Nantes made one shot on target and finished it successfully. In the 32nd minute, Flavien Tait opened the score with Benjamin Bourigeaud’s support. Kalifa Coulibaly leveled the score in the last minute.

In the last period, Les Rennais played much better than their rivals, but they lost it. Rennes made nine shots with three on target and completed 16 defensive actions. They attacked 41 times and controlled the ball 77% of the time. Nantes made five shots with two on target and scored a goal. In the 71st minute, Nicolas Pallois scored the last goal.

Rennes have scored two or more goals in seven of the last 10 matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to score two or more goals in this fixture.

Rennes team news: Kamaldeen Sulemana — back injury, Jeremy Gelin — knee injury.

Marseille are second in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have won 20 fixtures and have drawn eight times to receive 68 points.

Les Olympiens destroyed Lorient (3-0) in the most recent match. They performed confidently in the first half. Marseille made five shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully. They controlled the ball 73% of the time and attacked 32 times. In the 39th minute, Bamba Dieng scored the first goal.

Marseille played perfectly in the last period too. They controlled the ball 65% of the time and completed eight defensive actions. Les Olympiens made four shots with three on target and bagged two goals. In the 48th minute, Luan Peres helped Matteo Guendouzi to score the second goal. Gerson scored the last goal in the 67th minute.

We have seen a total of over 2.5 goals in five of the last seven fixtures with Marseille participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this game.

Marseille team news: Dimitri Payet — calf injury, Konrad de la Fuente — knee injury, Leonardo Balerdi — shoulder injury.

Rennes vs Marseille H2H

Marseille won over Rennes (2-0) in the last head-to-head game. They made 17 shots with six on target and finished two of them successfully. Marseille controlled the ball 64% of the time and attacked 64 times.

Rennes controlled the ball 36% of the time and completed 21 defensive actions. They made 13 shots with two on target in this game.

Rennes vs Marseille lineups and key players

Rennes projected starting lineup:

  • Alfred Gomis
  • Adrien Truffert
  • Lorenz Assignon
  • Nayef Aguerd
  • Hamari Traore
  • Jonas Martin
  • Baptiste Santamaria
  • Lovro Majer
  • Martin Terrier
  • Gaetan Laborde
  • Benjamin Bourigeaud

Martin Terrier is the second best striker in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He has scored 21 goals in the current season.

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Pau Lopez
  • Luan Peres
  • Duje Caleta-Car
  • William Saliba
  • Pol Lirola
  • Matteo Guendouzi
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Bamba Dieng
  • Cengiz Under
  • Amine Harit
  • Arkadiusz Milik

Bamba Dieng showed flawless play in the last match. He scored a goal and made an assist.

Rennes vs Marseille predictions and betting tips

Marseille are in good form now. They have won 11 of the last 15 games. They played well in head-to-head matches against Rennes. Les Olympiens have won three of the last four H2H games to nil. In the last match, Marseille played perfectly. They have scored 59 goals and have made 349 shots with 156 on target in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have created 366 chances in penalty areas in the 2021-22 Ligue 1.

I believe that they will score a goal in this match for sure. Rennes have scored 14 goals in the last six matches. Both teams may score in this fixture. Rennes are not in their best form now. They have lost three of the last five matches. I believe that Marseille will not lose this match.

Betting prediction: Marseille not to lose

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Rennes — Marseille
Not settled
Both teams to score
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!