The Matteo Berrettini vs Casper Ruud fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Tuesday, 6 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.
Latest odds on betting sites
Matteo Berrettini is priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Casper Ruud comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 55%.
The latest odds for Matteo Berrettini vs Casper Ruud (September 6):
- Over 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ruud — 2.55 (+155; 31/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Berrettini — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-0.5) games on Ruud — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+0.5) games on Berrettini — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Matteo Berrettini eliminated Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (3-6, 7-6, 6-3, 4-6, 6-2) in the Round of 16.
In the first set, Davidovich Fokina won the first three games in a row to receive a three-game lead. Then both did not give each other break point opportunities and traded winning service games to a 6-3 score.
In the fifth game of the second set, Alejandro Davidovich Fokina reached a 40-30 score and converted the second break point. However, Berrettini instantly leveled the score winning the next return game. In the 10th game, the Italian tennis player had a set point, but he did not convert it. In spite of this, he absolutely destroyed Fokina in tie-breaks by winning it with a five-point difference.
Matteo Berrettini won the first two games in the third set and received a break point in the third one, but his rival saved it. He kept his lead to a 3-5 score and converted the first break point in the ninth game, to finish the set with a 6-3 score.
In the second return game of the fourth set, Alejandro Davidovich Fokina reached a 40-15 score and finished one out of four break point opportunities successfully. Also, he had one more break point in the ninth game. Berrettini saved it, but it did not change the result of the set.
The Italian tennis player started the last set of the match incredibly. He converted 100% out of two break points in the first two return games to reach a 4-1 score. Then he did not give his rival break points. In the ninth game, Berrettini reached a 40-0 score and converted the third break point.
A total of over 40.5 games has played in the last three matches with Matteo Berrettini participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this fixture.
Casper Ruud pulled Corentin Moutet (6-1, 6-2, 6-7, 6-2) down in the most recent match.
In the first game of the first set, Moutet received two break points, but he did not convert it. Then he won one service game, and Ruud showed a flawless streak of five winning games in a row to finish the set with a 6-1 score. He converted 100% of break points in the set.
The second set was a bit similar to the first one. Moutet won his first service game and lost the next three games in a row. Besides, Casper Ruud had two break points in the fifth game, but was not lucky to convert them. In spite of this, he won the last three games to win one more set.
After a 2-1 score in favor of Corentin Moutet in the third set, Ruud won three games in a row to receive a lead, but his rival instantly leveled the score. Then they did not give each other break points opportunities. In tie-breaks, the French tennis player was a bit stronger and finished it with a 7-4 score.
In the last set, Casper Ruud won three games in a row after a 1-1 score. Corentin Moutet won the next service game, but then lost two more to finish the set with a 2-6 score.
Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Ruud has played out in three out of four matches in this tournament with Casper Ruud participating.
Matteo Berrettini vs Casper Ruud H2H
Casper Ruud has won three out of five H2H matches against Matteo Berrettini. They have played two Bo5 matches and have won one each with a 3-0 score.
Prediction and betting tips
Both tennis players look approximately equal now. They have not met opponents from the top 20 ATP in the US Open yet, but the Italian tennis players’ rivals were much stronger than Ruud’s. Berrettini has met Davidovich Fokina and Murray in the 1/8 and 1/16 finals, respectively. Casper Ruud has played only one fixture against a player from the top 100 ATP in this tournament. In the 1/16 finals, he met Tommy Paul.
Both tennis players have not had problems against weak rivals, but they were close to being eliminated by rivals from the top 50 ATP. Both tennis players are far from their best forms and have shown absolutely equal performances in this tournament. I believe that we will see an equal game with a total of over 40.5 games. The same total has played out in the last three matches with Matteo Berrettini participating.
Betting prediction: Over 40.5 games
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)