The Ons Jabeur vs Ajla Tomljanovic fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Tuesday, 6 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.
Latest odds on betting sites
Ons Jabeur is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Ajla Tomljanovic comes with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to win this match. The chances of her victory are around 35%.
The latest odds for Ons Jabeur vs Ajla Tomljanovic (September 6):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Jabeur— 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tomljanovic — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Jabeur — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Tomljanovic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
Ons Jabeur pulled Veronika Kudermetova (7-6, 6-4) down in the last fixture.
The tennis players started the first season equally. They traded their first service games to a 2-2 score. Then Kudermetova won three games in a row to reach a 2-5 score, but Ons Jabeur instantly leveled the score. In tie-breaks, Jabeur played much better than her rival and finished it with a 7-1 score.
In the first game of the second set, Veronika Kudermetova received two break points, but she did not convert them. In the fourth game, Jabeur reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point. She reached a 5-2 score, but then Kudermetova won two games in a row to reach a 5-4 score. In spite of this, she was not able to level the score and lost the game with a 6-4 score.
A total of over 21.5 games has played out in four of the last six matches with Ons Jabeur participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this fixture.
Ajla Tomljanovic beat Liudmila Samsonova (7-6, 6-1) in the 1/8 finals.
In the first return game of the first set, Samsonova reached a 40-15 score and converted the second break point to reach a 2-0 score. Then she lost a return game and won the next two games to receive a three-game lead. After a 5-2 score, Ajla Tomljanovic won the next three games in a row to level the score. She was a bit stronger in tie-breaks and finished it with a 10-8 score in her favor.
Ajla Tomljanovic won the first five games in a row in the second set. Then the tennis players traded winning their remaining service games to finish the set with a 6-1 score in her favor. Ajla Tomljanovic won 80% and 57% of service and return games, respectively.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in six of the last nine matches with Ajla Tomljanovic participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this fixture.
Ons Jabeur vs Ajla Tomljanovic H2H
Ons Jabeur won over Ajla Tomljanovic (7-5, 6-2) in the 1/16 finals of the 2022 WTA Rome. She had a two-game gap in the first set and won four games in a row to level the score and finish the set in her favor. In the second set, Ons Jabeur played much better. She created seven break points opportunities and did not give her rival a single one. Jabeur won 71% of service points and did not make a double fault in the second set.
Prediction and betting tips
Ajla Tomljanovic has not played flawlessly in the 2022 US Open. She has not met an opponent from the top 30 WTA but was close to being eliminated in two out of four matches. In the last fixture against Samsonova, she was close to being defeated in the first set. Also, she was absolutely destroyed in the last H2H match against Ons Jabeur.
The Tunisian tennis player is not in her best form now, but she is still a strong opponent. She played incredibly in the middle of the season and had a streak of 11 victories two months ago. In the last game, she met Kudermetova and played much better in spite of close scores in two sets. Also, she defeated Tomljanovic in the last H2H match with a 2-0 score. The same result looks safe this time too.
Betting prediction: Correct score – 2-0
Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional)