The Nick Kyrgios vs Karen Khachanov fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Tuesday, 6 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.
Latest odds on betting sites
Nick Kyrgios is priced with the odds of 1.20 (-500 American; 1/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 80%. Karen Khachanov comes with the odds of 5.00 (+400; 1/4) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 20%.
The latest odds for Nick Kyrgios vs Karen Khachanov (September 6):
- Over 37.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 37.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Kyrgios— 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Khachanov — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Kyrgios — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Khachanov — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
Nick Kyrgios sensationally beat Daniil Medvedev (7-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2) in the previous stage.
In the second game of the first set, Kyrgios reached a 40-15 score, but did not convert two break points. He converted a single one in the sixth game, but Medvedev instantly leveled the score winning the next two games in a row. They did not give each other break points opportunities in the remaining games, and Kyrgios beat his rival in tie-breaks.
Daniil Medvedev won the first three games in the first set. Then he lost a single one and won two more to reach a 5-1 score. Kyrgios tried to come back, but No. 1 did not let his rival win more than two games.
In the third set, the Australian tennis player showed a flawless performance. He did not give his rival a break point and did not lose more than 30 points per service game. Also, he converted a single break in the fourth game to receive a lead, which made him win this set.
Medvedev won the first game of the last set, but then Kyrgios won five games in a row to reach a 5-1 score. Daniil Medvedev won one more service game and lost the last one to be eliminated from the tournament.
Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Kyrgios has played out in two out of three matches in this tournament against lower-ranked opponents. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) in this game.
Karen Khachanov had a close match against Pablo Carreno Busta (4-6, 6-3, 6-1, 4-6, 6-3) in the last game.
In the first set, Carreno Busta won the first two games in a row converting 100% of break points. He did not lose more than 30 points per service game in this set, to keep the lead and finish the first set in his favor.
In the second game of the second set, Khachanov received two break points, but he did not convert them. After a 2-2 score, he won three games in a row to reach a 5-2 score. Then the tennis players traded the remaining service games to finish the set with a 6-3 score.
In the third game, Karen Khachanov played flawlessly. He won the first two games. Then Carreno Busta won his service game, but it was his single winning game in this set. Karen Khachanov won the last four games in a row to finish the set with a 6-1 score.
Khachanov reached a 40-30 score in the first return game of the fourth set, but did not convert a break point. After a 2-1 score in favor of his rival, Pablo Carreno Busta won three games in a row. He did not give Khachanov break points opportunities in the remaining games to level the set score.
In spite of such a close four sets, the last set was easy for Karen Khachanov. Pablo Carreno Busta did not receive break points in the set, whereas his rival got four break points opportunities and three match points. Khachanov absolutely destroyed his rival in the set and finished it with a 6-3 score.
Karen Khachanov has won two sets in every H2H match against Nick Kyrgios. Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Khachanov comes with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4).
Nick Kyrgios vs Karen Khachanov H2H
Nick Kyrgios and Karen Khachanov are absolutely equal players. They have played eight sets in two matches. Also, six out of these eight sets were finished in tie-breaks and both tennis players won one set with a 6-2 score each.
Prediction and betting tips
Nick Kyrgios is returning to his best form. He has lost only two sets in four matches in the 2022 US Open. Kyrgios defeated Daniil Medvedev with a 3-1 set-score in the most recent match and has won two of the last three matches against rivals from the top 10 ATP.
Karen Khachanov has not shown anything special. He has met only one greater-ranked opponent and was close to being eliminated by him. Also, he has lost at least one set in every match. Khachanov had lost four of six matches before the 2022 US Open.
The tennis players were absolutely equal in their H2H fixtures. They have won an equal number of sets, with equal scores, but these matches were played two years ago. Nick Kyrgios looks much stronger now. His current form is enough to beat his rival with a 3-0 score.
Betting prediction: Correct score – 3-0
Odds: 2.55 (+155 American; 31/20 Fractional)