US Open 2022: Sinner vs Alcaraz Garfia prediction and betting tips (September 7)
Jannis Sinner has won all H2H matches against Carlos Alcaraz Garfia in the 2022 season. Will he extend this streak with one more fixture?
Jannis Sinner has won all H2H matches against Carlos Alcaraz Garfia in the 2022 season.
Jannis Sinner has won all H2H matches against Carlos Alcaraz Garfia in the 2022 season.

The Jannik Sinner vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Wednesday, 7 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.

Latest odds on betting sites

Jannik Sinner is priced with the odds of 2.80 (+180 American; 9/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 35%. Carlos Alcaraz Garfia comes with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 65%.

The latest odds for Jannik Sinner vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (September 7):

  • Over 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sinner — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Alcaraz Garfia — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Sinner — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Alcaraz Garfia — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Match preview and statistics

Jannik Sinner beat Ilya Ivashka (6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, 6-3) in the most recent game.

In the first set, Sinner won the first two game, but Ivashka won the next return game and was close to level the score, but after a 2-1 score, Jannis Sinner won all four remaining games to finish the set with a 6-1 score. He gave his rival only one break points in this set.

The second set started from trading return games, but Sinnet won one return game more to receive a two-game lead. However, after a 2-4 score, Ivashka leveled the score. Then he won the 12th game, to finish the second set in his favor.

After a 0-1 of the third set, Jannis Sinner won three games in a row. He had three break point opportunities in the next one, but did not convert them. In spite of this, he won the next three games to win the set with a 6-2 score.

Ilya Ivashka received a two-game lead in the fourth set after a 1-1 score. However, Jannis Sinner instantly leveled the score by winning the next two games in a row. He reached a 40-0 score in the seventh game, but did not convert three break points. Then Ivashka won the last two games to level the set-score.

The last set started the same as the fourth. Ilya Ivashka reached a 3-1 score in his favor, but then Jannis Sinne won four games in a row to win the match. He converted 100% of breaks and did not give his rival break points during these games.

Correct score – 3-2 in favor of Jannis Sinner has played in two out of four matches in this tournament. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 7.20 (+620; 31/5) in this match.

Carlos Alacaraz Garfia eliminated Marin Cilic (6-4, 3-6, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3) in the previous stage.

Marin Cilic won the first two games in the second set, but Alcaraz Garfia won the next four games in a row to change the leader of this set. Then he kept this lead by trading the remaining service games.

In the second set, the Croatian tennis player showed a flawless start. After losing the first game, he won four games in a row to reach a 4-1 score. He did not let his rival come back this time to win the set.

The tennis players showed absolutely equal performances in the third set. They did not give each other break points to a 4-3 score. In the eighth game, Alcaraz Garfia reached a 40-30 score, but did not convert a break point. In the 10th game, he got three more opportunities and finally finished the set in his favor.

The fourth set was absolutely unpredictable. Then tennis players received a lot of break points, but both were not able to finish them successfully. Alcaraz Garfia did not convert seven opportunities, whereas Marin Cilic was lucky to convert the last out of five breaks.

The last set was similar to the second one, but with the opposite leader. Alcaraz Garfia reached a 4-1 score after a 4-1 score and kept the advantage to qualify for the quarter-final.

Carlos Alacaraz Garfia has won three out of four matches in the 2022 Us Open to nil. He is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2) to win this match in two sets.

Jannik Sinner vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia H2H

Jannis Sinner has won all two matches in the 2022 season against Alcaraz Garfia losing a set in each. Also, they have met each other two more times in 2021 and 2019. These fixtures were finished in favor of the Spanish tennis player.

Prediction and betting tips

Jannis Sinner has not shown confident play in this tournament. He has met all rivals who are out of the top 60 ATP Ranking. Also, he was close to being eliminated by Ilya Ivashka in the last match, who are much weaker than Sinner.

Carlos Alcaraz Garfia is not in his best form too, but he has won over stronger opponents. In the last game he defeated Marin Cilic. Also, he beat Jenson Brooksby with a 3-0 score in the Round of 32. In spite of the losses in H2H matches this season, he looks stronger than Sinner in this tournament. Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Alcaraz Garfia looks safe.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Alcaraz Garfia

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

TennisUS Open 2022. Quarter-final
Jannik Sinner — Carlos Alcaraz Garfia
Lost
Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Alcaraz Garfia
1.90
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!