Vegas Golden Knights vs Boston Bruins prediction and betting tips (December 11)
The Vegas Golden Knights were a single team, which beat the Boston Bruins playing in TD Garden this season. Will they repeat their success by winning this fixture?
David Pastrnak is the fifth-best goalscorer in the 2022-23 season
David Pastrnak is the fifth-best goalscorer in the 2022-23 season
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Vegas Golden Knights vs Boston Bruins fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Sunday, December 11 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is T-Mobile Arena, Vegas.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Vegas Golden Knights are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Boston Bruins have an odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) to take two points before overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 40%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Vegas Golden Knights vs Boston Bruins (December 11 2022):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Golden Knights — 3.10 (+210; 21/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Bruins — 1.30 (-333; 3/10)

Match preview and statistics

The Vegas Golden Knights will start the game against the Bruins without three players. Nolan Patrick is a single attacker among them, but his absence will not stop the Golden Knights, because he received only seven points for his team in 25 matches of the 2021-22 season. Robin Lehner will be unable to play this time too. His saving percentage for the Golden Knights in three played seasons was approximately equal to 92%.

The Vegas Golden Knights top the Pacific Division with 41 points, provided by 20 victories in 29 matches. They are overtaken by only two teams. The Boston Bruins and the New Jersey Devils have 43 points each.

The Golden Knights are one of the most aggressive teams in the 2022-23 season. They have made 941 shots, which is the fourth-greatest number. Also, they have scored 3.28 goals per game on average. The Golden Knights are the fifth least conceding team with 2.66 conceded goals per game and a 91.7% saving percentage.

A total of over 5.5 goals has played out in five of the last eight matches with the Golden Knights’ participation. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.

The Boston Bruins destroy their rivals in the 2022-23 season with their multidimensional play. They do not have a single strong side or dominating forwards like Connor McDavid, who scores most of the goals for his team. The Bruins have a well-balanced attack, built around David Pastrnak.

Besides, they have a strong defence. There were made only 745 shots against the Bruins this season, which is the fourth-best number. Finally, Linus Ullmark is the best goalie in the 2022-23 season with only 1.82 conceded goals per game. Also, the Bruins do not have any injured players. All these make them the second-most-scoring and first-least-conceding team.

The Boston Bruins lost the most recent match against the Arizona Coyotes (3-4). They absolutely dominated in this match making 46 shots on target, but they conceded four out of 16 shots by the Coyotes. Karel Vejmelka completed 43 saves to finish this match as the second star. Linus Ullmark skipped this match, which mostly influenced the result.

The Boston Bruins have scored 17 goals in the last five away matches. They come with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) to score at least three goals against the Golden Knights in this fixture.

Vegas Golden Knights vs Boston Bruins H2H

The Vegas Golden Knights beat the Boston Bruins (4-3 SO) in the last H2H match. Paul Cotter scored two goals, which made him the third star of the match. Taylor Hall and Brad Marchand were the first and the second stars of the match.

Lineups and key players

Vegas Golden Knights projected starting lineup:

  • Logan Thompson
  • Nicolas Hague
  • Shea Theodore
  • William Carrier
  • Jonathan Marchessault
  • Jack Eichel

Jack Eichel is the best forward in his team. Eichel has scored 13 goals and has made 16 assists in the 2022-23 season.

Boston Bruins projected starting lineup:

  • Linus Ullmark
  • Mike Reilly
  • Derek Forbort
  • David Pastrnak
  • David Krejci
  • Patrice Bergeron

David Pastrnak is the fifth-best goalscorer in the 2022-23 season. In the last match, Pastrnak made nine shots on target and finished one of them successfully.

Prediction and betting tips

Despite the loss in the last H2H match, the Boston Bruins dominated in that match. They made 19 shots on target more than the Golden Knights, but Logan Thompson finished that match with a 93% saving percentage, which saved his team.

Linus Ullmark did not play that time, but the team needs him in the next fixture because the main cause of the previous losses was Jeremy Swayman, who is the 11th-worst goaltender according to saving percentage.

The Boston Bruins were stronger in the 2022-23 season and they will be able to beat the Vegas Golden Knights if Linus Ullmark plays this match. Also, I believe to see a total of over 5.5 goals, because both teams have strong offensive lines. Also, the exact total has played out in three of the last four matches with the Bruins participating including the last H2H match against the Golden Knights.

Betting prediction: Boston Bruins to win (incl. overtime)

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 28
Vegas Golden Knights — Boston Bruins
Over 5.5 goals
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!