The Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Madrid will take place on Thursday, 5 May 2022, starting at 11:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Caja Magica, Madrid. Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur (May 5) semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur latest odds on betting sites
Ekaterina Alexandrova is priced with the odds of 2.65 (+165 American; 33/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 37%. Ons Jabeur comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 63%.
The latest odds for Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur (May 5):
- Over 20.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 20.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Jabeur — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Alexandrova — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Jabeur — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Alexandrova — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur match preview and statistics
Ekaterina Alexandrova eliminated Amanda Anisimova (6-4; 6-3) in the previous stage.
The American tennis player started the first set better than her rival. She converted one out of two break points in the fourth game and reached a 4-2 score in her favor. However, Ekaterina Alexandrova won all remaining games to finish the first set in her favor. She created five break point opportunities and converted three of them. Alexandrova won 62% and 56% of service and return points, respectively.
In the second set, the tennis players traded winning first return games. Alexandrova had three break points in the fifth game and finished the last one successfully. Amanda Anisimova was close to level the score in the next one. She reached a 40-15 score, but her rival saved five break points. Anisimova won the seventh game, but lost the two remaining. Alexandrova saved 87% out of seven break points and converted three breaks in this set.
We have seen a total of over 21.5 games in three out of four matches in the 2022 WTA Madrid with Ekaterina Alexandrova participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this semi-final.
Ons Jabeur beat Simona Halep (6-3; 6-2) in the most recent fixture.
Halep won the first service game and the second return to reach a 2-1 score at the start of the first set. Then Jabeur won four games in a row to get a significant advantage. Halep was not able to come back in this set. She won one more service game, but Ons Jabeur finished the set with a 6-3 score. The Tunisian tennis player converted 100% out of two break points and won 63% of service points.
Both tennis players performed equally in the second set. They traded winning service games and did not give each other break points to a 2-2 score. In spite of this close start, Jabeur won four games in a row again and finished the set with a 6-2 score. She did not make a double fault in the set. Jabeur did not give her rival only one break point opportunity and saved it.
We have seen a total of over 2.5 sets in six of the last nine matches with the Ons Jabeur participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) this time.
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur H2H
Ekaterina Alexandrova beat Ons Jabeur (6-1) in the 2021 WTA Moscow. She won all service games and three out of four return games. Alexandrova won 71% and 63% of service and return points, respectively. She saved 100% of breaks and converted three out of six break points.
Ons Jabeur won 37% of service points and 29% of return. She created four break point opportunities, but did not convert them. Jabeur made only two double faults in this match.
Ekaterina Alexandrova vs Ons Jabeur predictions and betting tips
Alexandrova increased her level of play compared to the beginning of the season. She performed perfectly in qualification for this tournament, where she beat all her rivals to nil. In the first round, Alexandrova defeated Elena Ostapenko, who was so strong at the start of the season. Overall, the Russian tennis player looks confident now.
Ons Jabeur has won 10 of the last 12 matches. It is important to say that most of her rivals were players from the top-20 WTA ranking, whereas Alexandrova met weaker rivals. She is in good form now, but she has lost the last four H2H matches against Alexandrova.
I believe that the Tunisian tennis player will qualify for the final, but we will see a close game in three sets. A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in six of the last nine matches with the Jabeur participating and in three of the last five H2H games.
Betting prediction: Ons Jabeur to win
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/4 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional)