The Jil Teichmann vs Jessica Pegula fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Madrid will take place on Thursday, 5 May 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Caja Magica, Madrid. Jil Teichmann vs Jessica Pegula (May 5) semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Jil Teichmann vs Jessica Pegula latest odds on betting sites
Jil Teichmann is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 46%. Jessica Pegula comes with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 54%.
The latest odds for Jil Teichmann vs Jessica Pegula (May 5):
- Over 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Pegula — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Teichmann — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Pegula — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Teichmann — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Jil Teichmann vs Jessica Pegula match preview and statistics
Jil Teichmann beat Anhelina Kalinina (6-3, 6-4) in the last game.
At the start of the first set, both tennis players were approximately equal. Teichmann reached a 40-15 score in the sixth game and converted the second break point. Kalinina won the next return game and was close to level the score, but Jil Reichmann won all remaining games to finish the set with a 6-3 score. She did not make a double fault. Teichmann won 71% of service points and 46% of return points.
In the second set, the tennis players performed equally to a 3-3 score. Then Jil Teichmann won two more games in a row and both tennis players traded winning their fifth service games to finish the second set with a 6-4 score. Teichmann won 51% and 57% of service and return games, respectively.
In the 2022 season, the Swiss tennis player has not played perfectly. She has won 68% of service games and 57% of points. She has saved 54% of break points and has converted 43% of them. Jil Teichmann has won 31% out of 157 return games and 43% of points. She has made approximately two aces per match on average.
Jil Teichmann has won the first set in five of the last six matches. She is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) to win the first set this time.
Jessica Pegula pulled Sara Sorribes Tormo down (6-4, 6-2) in the previous stage.
Jessica Pegula started the first set perfectly. She won the first four games easily. Pegula did not give her rival a break point opportunity and converted 100% of break points during these games. Sorribes Tormo was close to level the score, but after a 4-5 score, she lost the last return game. Jessica Pegula converted four out of five break points and won 53% of points in this set.
Sara Sorribes Tormo won the first return game of the second set, but then Jessica Pegula won five games in a row. The tennis players traded winning their last return game to finish the second set with a 6-2 score. Jessica Pegula won 52% of service points and 74% of return points. She made only one double fault and converted four break points.
Jessica Pegula has shown strong performance in the 2022 season. She has won 70% of service games and 34% of return games. The American tennis player has won 58.5% and 43% of service and return points, respectively. She has saved 63% of break points and has converted 42% of breaks.
We have seen a total of under 19.5 games in five of the last six matches with Jessica Pegula participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this match.
Jil Teichmann vs Jessica Pegula predictions and betting tips
Jil Teichmann has played perfectly in the 2022 WTA Madrid. She has won over all rivals to nil. She has met stronger rivals than Jessica Pegula. Teichmann beat Kalinina, Rybakina, Fernandez and Kvitova to qualify for the current stage. Jil Teichmann is in her best form now and she is able to beat Pegula this time.
The tennis players have not met each other in H2H fixtures yet. They have played well in this tournament. Also, Pegula has shown confident performance in this tournament. That is the reason why we may see a close match with a total of over 20.5 games.
Betting prediction: Jil Teichmann to win
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 20.5 games
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)